The success of the Marshall University Office of Admissions Alumni Outreach Ambassador program depends on a network of volunteers serving in a variety of roles. This program has been established to assist the Marshall University Office of Admissions in fulfilling its mission to support the recruitment and enrollment goals of Marshall University.
Marshall University Alumni Outreach Ambassadors commit to work together in the best interests of the Office of Admissions and the University, and not for personal, political, third-party or financial gain.
If you would like more information, please contact us. We look forward to your application!
- Required: is not a private educational consultant or agent for current and/or prospective applicants.
- Required: is a graduate of Marshall University
- Effective communicator
- Enthusiasm for supporting Marshall University
- Agreement to all terms and conditions associated with the Marshall University Office of Admissions Alumni Outreach Ambassador (MUAOA) program.
- Understand expectations of an Alumni Outreach Ambassador, Marshall University and Marshall University Office of Admissions and Office of Alumni Relations
- Be knowledgeable about the Marshall University experience, undergraduate admissions and our admissions cycle
- Provide timely feedback to the Office of Admissions and Office of Alumni Relations on the volunteer experience and needs
- Actively participate in volunteer opportunities
- Complete required training
- Complete volunteer wrap-up items including promptly returning any items belonging either to the Marshall University Office of Admissions or Office of Alumni Relations
- Conduct yourself in a professional manner as a representative of Marshall University
- Abide by NACAC Statement of Principles of Good Practice (https://www.nacacfairs.org/exhibit/national-college-fairs/exhibitor-guidelines/), in particular:
- accurately represent and promote Marshall University
- refrain from disparaging comparisons of other secondary or post-secondary institutions
- do not accept or offer reward or remuneration from secondary school, college, university, agency, or organization for placement or recruitment of students in the United States
- Renew commitment annually
- Time Commitment: Ambassadors are expected to commit approximately 10 hours of service per semester, excluding: trainings, commute times, and communications. There may be an increase in expected hours during the fall and spring as recruitment efforts increase.
Description of Duties
- Ambassadors may be asked to participate in a variety of recruitment activities. These activities include but are not limited to:
- College and Career Fairs: Alumni Ambassador to work college and career fairs and provide academic information, application information, and valuable insight for prospective students and their families relative to becoming a Son/Daughter of Marshall.
- Admissions Events: Alumni Outreach Ambassadors assist admissions staff at various events, providing context to the Marshall experience and answering questions from students and their families, high school counselors, and/or community members by participating on alumni panels, assisting with check-in and/or mingling throughout the event.
- Call Campaigns: Alumni Outreach Ambassadors connect with prospective students via phone offering a perspective of our university and serving as an information source for students considering Marshall.
- High School Scholarship Awards Ceremonies: Alumni Outreach Ambassadors serve as a representative of Marshall to present scholarship awards to graduating seniors of various high schools. Ambassadors are sent scholarship certificates along with a written script which must be adhered to.
- Student Referrals: Alumni Outreach Ambassadors are an extension of the Marshall University community in various areas around the world. If there are prospective students that would make great Sons/Daughters of Marshall, please recommend them. A recommendation, however, does not impact the review of the admissions application of the recommended prospective student.
- Must return all items borrowed during volunteer activities. Ambassadors are subject to billing for the cost of any and all damaged or missing item or items (this includes tablecloths).
- I agree to comply with all University rules and regulations applicable to my work as an Ambassador including, but not limited to, BOG Policy GA-1, Discrimination, Harassment, Sexual Harassment, Sexual & Domestic Misconduct, Stalking, and Retaliation. I further understand that my participation as an Ambassador will be immediately terminated if any allegation is raised that I have violated this policy.
- Students or prospective students and Marshall University Alumni Outreach Ambassadors are not to be alone at any time or for any reason.
- I agree to comply with the requirements of the Dean of Admissions designee directing my ambassador assignment(s).
- I understand and agree that I am not a University employee and that my participation in these volunteer activities is not in exchange for any consideration (e.g., pay, benefits, or the promise of future employment).
- I certify that I am physically and emotionally capable of fully participating in volunteer service with Marshall University. I assure Marshall University that, to the best of my knowledge, information, and belief, I am physically able to engage in assigned activities (which may include but is not limited to lifting boxes of 10-50 lbs, standing for long periods of time, walking long distances and walking up and down stairs) without any undue or unusual risk to me or to others.
- I understand that good faith efforts will be made relating to my safety and good health. I therefore agree to assume and take on myself all of the risks and responsibilities in any way associated with volunteer service for Marshall University. I choose to voluntarily participate in volunteer services for Marshall University with full knowledge that it may be hazardous to me and my property.
- I agree to exercise common sense and good judgment and to conduct myself at all times in a manner that is appropriate to this type of experience.
- I understand and agree that Marshall University and I both have the right to end my volunteer relationship with Marshall University at any time, for any reason, and without advance notice.
Please view links below regarding policies to be followed by all MUAOA participants:
MUAOA Coordinator Contact