The Marshall University School of Pharmacy announced this month its student scholarship awards for the 2020-2021 academic year. Recipients of the School of Pharmacy’s new employee award program were also announced in May.
Nineteen students received the following scholarships; Four of the students received two scholarships.
- CVS Bilingual Scholarship: Desmond Besong
- CVS Pharmacy Scholarship: Melba Vargas
- Fruth Pharmacy Scholarships for the School of Pharmacy: Keaton Kaplan, Shannon Morrison, Samantha Dinis
- MU School of Pharmacy Scholarships: Nakita Bryan, Austin Howitz, Keaton Kaplan, Jonathan Nicholson, Sarah Nickel, Carly Preece, Caroline Putnam, Lakyn Wallace
- MU School of Pharmacy Dean’s Scholarship: Shayna Follett, Sheshadri Hoque, William Mays
- MU School of Pharmacy Leadership Scholarships: Becky Cook, Noah Dial, Sheshadri Hoque, William Mays, Taylor Riedel, Tanner Sweeney
- Professional Development Scholarship: Shannon Morrison
- School of Pharmacy Staff Person of the Year: John Taylor, A.A.S., instructional technologist
- School of Pharmacy Teacher of the Year: Kenneth Canipe, Pharm.D., clinical assistant professor of experiential learning
- Dean’s Award for Excellence in Research: Timothy Long, Ph.D., associate professor, department of pharmaceutical science and research.