Annual New York Trip
February 26-March 2, 2014
Contact assistant professor Ian Hagarty
Email: email@example.com Office: 304-696-3837
A deposit of $100 will reserve your space on the trip. All deposits are non- refundable. The remainder is due by Wednesday, January 22, 2014. Make checks payable to Marshall University. Payment covers round-trip transportation by bus and hotel accommodations in, New York City (Times Square). All other costs, (meals, travel in NYC, museum/etc. entrance, entertainment, etc.), are the student’s responsibility.
*Stop by the Art & Design Office, Smith Hall 717 to pick up payment information and the Student Trip Invoice to take to the Bursar’s Office with the payment.*
This trip is available to Marshall University – School of Art & Design/Theatre Performance Students ONLY. (Theatre students will coordinate with Professor Nicole Perrone). SPACE IS LIMITED, SO HURRY AND RESERVE YOU PLACE!
RATES & ROOMING OPTIONS (All Rooms are 2 Double Beds):
4 people in 1 room = $350 per person
3 people in 1 room = $440 per person
2 people in 1 room = $625 per person
1 person in 1 room = $1120
*Roommate requests can be made in the Art Office, AFTER complete payment
There are endless cultural opportunities in NYC!
Here is a Sample Itinerary:
Wed., Feb. 26, 2014
- 6:45am, leave by bus from Smith Hall Lot (3rd Ave & Hal Greer Blvd.) for NYC
- Arrive approximately 8pm in NYC at the Hotel Edison, 228 W. 48th St., (212)840-5000
- Get dinner and explore Times Square!
Thurs., Feb. 27, 2014
- 10am, meet the group in hotel lobby – walk to the Museum of Modern Art
- afternoon at the Guggenheim Museum
- evening in the Chelsea Gallery District to check out some exhibition openings
Fri., Feb. 28, 1, 2014
- 10am, visit the Metropolitan Museum of Art or galleries in Chelsea
- afternoon visit at the Whitney Museum and the Whitney Biennial Exhibition
- Fri. evenings at the Guggenheim Museum, the Whitney Museum, and the Museum of Modern Art are, “Pay What you Wish.”
Sat., Mar. 1, 2014
- 10am, visit the Cooper-Hewitt Museum (America’s BEST Graphic Design Museum)
- afternoon visit to the New Museum and explore China Town and Little Italy!
Sun., Mar. 2, 2014
-8am, leave New York City from the Edison Hotel Lobby
- 7:30pm, arrive back in Huntington at the Smith Hall parking lot
**all evenings students are free to do what they wish; go to the theater, opera, ballet, etc.