Applicants who wish to be considered for the Fall semester should return the completed application no later than February 1st. Applications for the Spring semester must be received by November 1st .
Applications for the High School Transition Summer Program must be received by May 1st.
Admission to The College Program does not guarantee admission to Marshall University, as applications to the university and to the college support program are separate processes.
An application to the support program is considered “complete” and will be accepted only if it includes:
- A clinical psychological evaluation (school-based, or psycho-educational evaluations, will not be accepted) dated within three years of this application;
- The results from an intelligence evaluation, such as the WAIS-III, accompanied by subtest scores and a detailed, narrative report;
- Results from achievement testing (for example, the Woodcock-Johnson Achievement and the Peabody Individual Achievement tests);
- The most recent IEP or 504 Plan, if one is in place for a current student.
- For students who have previous college experience: an unofficial transcript from that institution, or other documents that detail classes taken and grades earned.
Each completed application will be reviewed thoroughly by staff to ensure all University and College Program requirements are met. Those applicants who do meet the requirements—and who have documentation that suggests The College Program may be a good fit for their specific needs—may be invited to campus for a face-to-face interview. Based upon that interview and the information gathered from the application process, some prospective students will be invited into The College Program for Students with Autism Spectrum Disorder at Marshall University. Formal notification of the decision will be made by mail.
If you would like to schedule a visit with The College Program call 304-696-2332 or email Rebecca Hansen.
Virtual visits can be scheduled Monday through Friday 8:00am – 3:30pm.
To schedule a tour of Marshall University’s Huntington campus visit the following: