Parking Citation Appeal Form
Employees and students are preferably asked to submit appeals on-line.
A parking appeal must be submitted within 10 days of receiving the parking violation. Please consult the parking regulations on the Marshall University website before submitting your appeal to make sure it is appropriate for filing. Incomplete appeals will not be considered. Appeal forms will not be accepted for the reasons listed below.
Appeals will not be considered for the following reasons:
- Inability to find a convenient parking space
- Parking or stopping for a short time to do an errand – ‘I was only there for X number of minutes’
- Lack of a parking permit
- Other vehicles were improperly parked
- Late for class or an appointment
- Financial hardship caused by the fine
- Parking Services failure to cite previous violations
- Lack of knowledge of the regulations (www.marshall.edu/parking)
The Appeals Board will review the appeals and render a decision. The board may find a parking violation occurred and impose the appropriate penalty; or, find that no parking violation occurred and dismiss the citation; or suspend half or all of the fine imposed.
The decision of the Parking Violations Appeal Board is final.