The Women’s and Gender Center is proud to offer educational programming that advocates for gender equity. We offer an array of regularly scheduled programs throughout the year as well as special feature programs. We enjoy partnering with student organizations and other campus offices on programs. If you would like to invite the Women’s and Gender Center to participate in a program you or your organization is planning, please contact us.
- Signature Programs
- Women’s History Month 2022: The Women’s & Gender Center recognizes March as Women’s History Month on campus. Each year we offer a variety of programs, including a campus celebration of International Women’s Day, National Women and Girls HIV/AIDS Awareness Day, and a Period Product Drive.
- Women of Marshall Awards: The Women’s & Gender Center created this award to honor Marshall University faculty, staff, and students who have demonstrated significant contributions toward the advancement of gender equity and/or women’s empowerment through leadership, mentorship, education, activism, community service, policy development, research, and arts and culture..
- Love Your Body: Love Your Body programming in the Women’s and Gender Center is inspired by the National Organization of Women annual Love Your Body Day Campaigns. Our goal is to create opportunities that encourage the campus community to challenge how society views bodies of varying shapes, sizes, genders, races, abilities and backgrounds.
- Domestic Violence Awareness Month: Throughout October, the Women’s and Gender Center and Violence Prevention and Response Program host several events to raise awareness of the prevalence and impact of Domestic Violence, and share resources and strategies to support those who have experienced Domestic Violence. These programs include Take Back the Night and the Clothesline Project.
- Bringing in the Bystander
- Bystander Intervention Training: Bystander Intervention is recognizing a potentially harmful situation or interaction and choosing to respond in a way that could positively influence the outcome.
- Salary Negotiation: The Women’s and Gender Center offers salary negotiation workshops from the American Association of University Women (AAUW). In these workshops, you will learn how to research your target salary, highlight your accomplishments and find the right words — and the confidence — to negotiate for better benefits and pay.