Over the next two months, Marshall University will be migrating all V: Drive storage to Microsoft OneDrive. You will receive a completion status message from IT Announcements (firstname.lastname@example.org) once your V: Drive has been fully migrated.
Once migration is complete, you will be able to access the files you previously stored on your V: Drive or Mac Home folder in several ways, including:
- Logging in at https://myapps.microsoft.com and clicking the OneDrive tile.
- Using the OneDrive app which is pre-installed on Marshall-owned Windows 10 computers.
- Installing the OneDrive app on your Windows PC, Mac, or mobile device (iOS and Android).
Some of the benefits of using OneDrive are:
- More storage space – 1 terabyte (vs. 5 GB on V: Drive)
- Recovering deleted items in Office 365
- Access from multiple devices
- Office 365 Mobile app available so you can access from anywhere on the go
- Collaboration / sharing with colleagues or family and friends
- Integration with other Microsoft Office 365 Applications
For questions, contact the IT Service Desk:
To subscribe to MUIT Updates and outages visit http://itservicestatus.marshall.edu/.