Current Training Tools
Online Learning offers a variety of live and self-paced training, as well as campus events. Some of the events require participants to register, as indicated by the “Register for this session here” links. If there is a certain topic or part of distance education that you believe would benefit faculty or students, please contact us. We’d love to hear your feedback!
- Adobe Sign – Adobe Sign is a product that enables departments, faculty, and staff to obtain electronic signatures for documents such as contracts, agreements, or estimates. This service is a faster and more sustainable alternative to signing paper documents.
- Banner – Sunguard Higher Education Banner is a suite of products that contains human resource, student, finance, financial aid, and alumni/development information systems.
- Blackboard Collaborate – Blackboard Collaborate™ gives you the functionality you need in a 21st century teaching and learning environment.
- Dynamic Forms – Dynamic Forms is workflow and electronic form solution which was developed by NextGen Web Solutions and targeted toward higher education.
- Lecture – Lecture capture is a term describing any technology that allows instructors to record what happens in their classrooms and make it available digitally.
- Library Instructional modules – These instructional modules cover library resources through dynamic screen captures and short videos.
- Microsoft 365 Education for Students – Microsoft 365 Education for Students is an Microsoft 365 plan that is available for free to current Marshall students, which allows students to install the latest version of Microsoft 365 on up to 5 PCs or Macs and on other mobile devices.
- Microsoft Power BI – Microsoft Power BI can be used to create and share business analytics.
- Safe Assign – You can use Safe Assign to prevent plagiarism and create opportunities to help students identify how to properly attribute sources rather than paraphrase. Safe Assign is an effective deterrent and educational tool.
- Microsoft Teams – Microsoft Teams is a workspace for real-time collaboration and communication, meetings, file and app sharing, and more.
- TimeClock Plus – TimeClock Plus is the electronic Time & Attendance software that will be used to collect hours worked and automate leave requests for Marshall University.
- Data Security & Privacy – This course shows employees how to recognize potential threats and risky behaviors.
- Email Security – Learn more about Marshall’s updated email security solution, first introduced in January ’21.
- Security at Home – Marshall Information Security’s recommended best practices for keeping yourself and your systems safe at home.
- Protecting Your Data – Marshall Information Security’s recommended best practices for protecting your personal data.
- Endpoint Protection (AntiVirus) – Information and links pointing to Marshall University’s recommended endpoint protection applications.
- Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) – Learn about the benefits of MFA and why you should opt in.
Crystal Stewart, Director, IT Administration & Engagement
Drinko 304 Huntington
Help with a TECI Classroom
On-call TECI Technician