Current Training Tools
To continue supporting Marshall University Faculty and Staff, MU Information Technology is offering virtual office hours twice a month beginning in March 2021 on the second and fourth Thursday 1:30 – 2:30. Marshall students are welcome to attend as well. During these sessions, you can get help with anything from Microsoft Teams to understanding quarantine messages. We’ll have short presentations during the first half hour and then open to all questions for the last half hour. This month’s schedule of virtual office hours is:
Thursday, March 11: 1:30-2:30 p.m.
Collect data the fun way with Microsoft Forms – Learn how to easily create surveys, polls, and quizzes to collect feedback. Visualize data in seconds with powerful, real-time charts and automatically generated reports. Easily export to Excel for customized, in-depth analysis. Faculty, Staff, and students are welcome to drop in and ask questions, learn more about University resources, and pick up best practices and tips. Log in at any time during the office hour using this Virtual MUIT Office Hours MSTeams link.
Thursday, March 25: 1:30-2:30 p.m.
What else can we do with O365 – Encourage teamwork and collaboration, connect easily, and communicate with your coworkers and students using Microsoft Office 365. Faculty and Staff are welcome to drop in and ask questions, learn more about University resources, and pick up best practices for their unique class situations. Log in at any time during the office hour using this Virtual MUIT Office Hours MSTeams link.
If you have questions about any of this week’s virtual office hours, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Faculty and Staff can also explore the IT resources available in the MUIT Faculty and Staff Guide.
Additionally, MU faculty members are being provided with support for virtual and online instruction through the Online Design Center. Contact email@example.com for assistance with accessible digital course materials, lecture technology, Blackboard, and any of your instructional technology questions.
- Adobe Sign – Adobe Sign is a product that enables departments, faculty, and staff to obtain electronic signatures for documents such as contracts, agreements, or estimates. This service is a faster and more sustainable alternative to signing paper documents.
- Banner – Sunguard Higher Education Banner is a suite of products that contains human resource, student, finance, financial aid, and alumni/development information systems.
- Blackboard Collaborate – Blackboard Collaborate™ gives you the functionality you need in a 21st century teaching and learning environment.
- Lecture – Lecture capture is a term describing any technology that allows instructors to record what happens in their classrooms and make it available digitally.
- Library Instructional modules – These instructional modules cover library resources through dynamic screen captures and short videos.
- Microsoft Exchange 2013 via Lynda.com
Exchange 2013 training via Lynda.com.
- Office 365 Education for Students – Office 365 Education for Students is an Office 365 plan that is available for free to current Marshall students, which allows students to install the latest version of Office on up to 5 PCs or Macs and on other mobile devices.
- Microsoft Power BI – Microsoft Power BI can be used to create and share business analytics.
- Safe Assign
You can use Safe Assign to prevent plagiarism and create opportunities to help students identify how to properly attribute sources rather than paraphrase. Safe Assign is an effective deterrent and educational tool.
- Skype for Business
Skype for Business, formerly Microsoft Lync, is available on your desktop, laptop, mobile devices, and tablets.
- Web Time Entry Workshop – This workshop provides instruction on the procedures to follow to assure timely approval of electronic time sheets for student assistants, work-study students, and extra help employees which is crucial to their being paid promptly.
Crystal Stewart, IT Client Engagement Mgr.
Drinko 313A Huntington
Help with a TECI Classroom
On-call TECI Technician