- Equivalent of U.S. bachelor’s degree from an accepted, accredited institution
- Undergraduate GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale (some programs may require higher GPA)
- Graduate admission exams and additional items may be required for some programs
- Proof of English proficiency (80 TOEFL iBT, 6.5 IELTS)
International applicants must submit ALL required documents by the following deadlines to be considered for admission:
- Spring Semester – October 15
- Summer semester – March 15
- Fall semester – June 15
- Submit the International Application for Graduate Admission and required application fee. The $150 international application fee applies to all international graduate applications. If a representative is assisting with the application process, submit the Application Cover Sheet.
- Request all requested official credentials be sent directly to the Office of International Student Services. See Submitting Official Credentials.
- If you would like to grant information access to a representative, friend, or family member, complete the Student Information Access Form.
- Once all requested credentials are received, wait for an admission decision. Admission letters will be sent to the student email address provided on the application.
Official Credential Policy
Official credentials are received by the MU admissions office directly from the issuing examination board or records office. Student copies of transcripts, evaluations, faxed copies of college transcripts, or credentials issued to any party other than Marshall University are not considered official.
Official documents may be mailed to the following address:
International Student Services
Joseph M. Gillette Welcome Center
1 John Marshall Drive
Once the application, application fee, and all requested credentials are received, an admission decision will be made within 2-3 business days. Students will receive email notification of the admission decision with any additional steps for full admission and receiving a Form I-20 or DS-2019. To receive an I-20, students must submit all required admission materials, enrollment deposit, proof of financial support, and a copy of the passport. Additional documents may be requested for students requesting Forms I-20 for dependents or transferring a SEVIS record to Marshall University.
View the Form I-20 Checklist for more information.