Apply Now

If you are a qualified high school student, you can take dual enrollment courses through Marshall University and start earning college credits while completing high school. To apply, you can submit your application at our Early Admission site.

Note: The same admission application is used for all dual enrollment options at Marshall University. When completing the online application, make sure you choose “Huntington” and not “Distance Learner” If you have completed the dual enrollment admissions process, been accepted, and taken courses – there is no need to reapply.

Checklist for Early Entry Students

  1. Review the early entry admission requirements to determine if you are eligible for early admission.
  2. Apply to Marshall University as an early admission high school student. The $40 application fee is waived for early admission applicants. (If you are applying to Marshall via another third-party site, such as Common App, this does not waive the application fee). Instead, be sure to apply directly at the link above.
  3. Once you have submitted your application, speak with your school counselor to request your high school transcript. Your counselor will send your high school transcript to the Marshall Admissions office. Transcripts are a record of grades earned over the course of time you have been in school.
  4. Request your course registration. Once you have been accepted to Marshall University early admission, you can begin to register for courses.
    • For online college courses, view the list of courses available for the next term. Once you have chosen one or two courses in which you would like to enroll, contact us.

      Fall 2024 Courses

      • Email:
      • Include: Student’s first and last name, date of birth, name of high school, and newly assigned Marshall student ID number. (Your Marshall ID number will be a 9-digit number that begins with “90.”)
      • Each college course has a limit to the number of students who can be enrolled per section, so courses are available on a first come, first served basis. Be sure to have one or two back-up options ready.
    • For a dual credit courses (in-person in your high school), you must talk to your school counselor about the dual credit options in your school and county. To view a list of contacts for a specific county’s dual credit options, visit our Contact page.
    • Early entry students who wish to take an on-campus class should contact
Apply Now