Marshall has many resources to support the costs of graduate education. Financial aid staff can answer questions and guide you through the ways to finance graduate education. Visit them at the Financial Aid office: MU Financial Aid

Federal TEACH Grant

The Federal TEACH is available to students who intend to teach in a public or private school that serves students from low-income families for four years within eight years of completing their degree leading to a career in teaching.

Students may be considered for the grant if they:

  • Complete the Free Application for Federal
  • Student Aid (FAFSA), although you do not need to demonstrate financial need
  • Be a U.S. Citizen or eligible non-citizen
  • Be enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student
  • Be enrolled in coursework that is necessary to begin a career in teaching
  • Meet certain academic achievement requirements (generally, scoring above the 75th percentile on a college admissions test or maintain a cumulative GPA of at least 3.25)
  • Complete TEACH Grant Entrance Counseling
  • Sign a TEACH Grant Agreement to Serve (ATS)
  • Complete a Marshall University TEACH Grant Application and be approved

Enrollment Requirements and More Information on the TEACH Grant


How to Apply

To be considered for TEACH, students must submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and complete the Federal TEACH Grant Application (

Financial Aid

FAFSA is accepting applications for next semester. Many of our students are now using financial aid. You can apply and receive financial aid provided you take two graduate classes (6 hours). We suggest you apply for financial aid at the same time as you apply to MU graduate college.

OASIS Payment Plan

In the fall and spring, payments can be spread out using the Oasis Payment Plan.

Graduate Tuition Benefit

This benefit covers a three-credit course and is available through competitive application to MU graduate students. Students must have a FAFSA form on file with Student Financial Aid to be eligible for this benefit. For more information, consult the MU Graduate College website.

Huntington Campus
Jenkins Hall Room 220
One John Marshall Drive
Huntington, WV 25755
Phone: 304-696-3131

South Charleston Campus
100 Angus E. Peyton Drive
South Charleston, WV 25303
Phone: 304-746-1992