Distance Education Program Option
- The Marshall University College of Education and Professional Development Literacy Education Program offers a Distance Education Program Option for students who want to complete a Master of Arts Degree in Literacy Education or a Certificate in Literacy Education.
- The program is offered in a hybrid format, using a combination of synchronous (real-time video/virtual participation) courses and fully online asynchronous courses.
- Courses are offered on a semester schedule, Fall, Spring, and Summer. Please note that practicum courses are not offered in the Summer term.
- The Literacy Education Program is committed to reaching students who are wanting to continue their graduate education.
- The Program is offered in a hybrid format with a mixture of live, face-to-face class meetings and online content delivery. Several courses in the program are delivered as fully online courses and several are taught with 3-5 class meetings over the course of the semester and the remaining content online.
- Live classes are taught in the evening (4 pm or later), but may or may not be offered on both campuses each semester.
PLEASE NOTE: The Marshall University Literacy Education programs meet current academic requirements for students to apply for appropriate licensure through the WV Department of Education. Distant Education students should contact their state licensure agencies for information related to their state requirements.