When: ACT Testing is on the first Thursday of every month at 11:30AM. Students should arrive no later than 11:15AM for registration. The test usually takes less than four hours.
Prior Scheduling: You do not have to pre-register.
How Much: The cost is $60.00
check or money order made out to Marshall University. No cash…
What To Bring: Photo ID, such as a driver’s license or MU ID,You must know your Social Security Number, A plain calculator, two pencils with #2 lead. Face mask or Face covering.
Food And/Or Drinks: No food or drinks are allowed in the testing room. Be sure to eat before you come.
Minimum scores for placement in Math and English
- English = ACT Verbal of 18, old SAT Verbal 450 (prior to March 2016), new SAT ERW 480 (ERW = Evidenced Based Reading & Writing Score)
- Math = ACT Math of 19, old SAT Math 460 (prior to March 2016), new SAT Math 500
- COVID-19 Update- With national tests being cancelled at the end of the semester, many students did not have time to take either the ACT or SAT test. We will be giving the Residual ACT for anyone wanting to attend Marshall University, at any of our campuses. Again, they will need to call and schedule a testing time. Here are the dates for the Residual ACT test:
June 4th, June 18th, July 2nd and August 6th. They will need to arrive by 11:15AM and bring the following items: check or money order for $60.00 made out to Marshall University, photo ID (such as a driver’s license), #2 lead pencils, and a calculator (cannot be a scientific calculator). We will have their scores by 9:30AM the next morning. Keep in mind that we are limited to 15 students on each of the dates listed, so call early to schedule you testing day.
ACT Residual Test Dates
Marshall University, Mid-Ohio Valley Center
- November 7, 2019 11:30am – 3:15pm
- December 5, 2019 11:30am – 3:15pm
- January 2, 2020 11:30am – 3:15pm
- February 6, 2020 11:30am – 3:15pm
- March 5, 2020 11:30am – 3:15pm
- April 2, 2020 11:30am – 3:15pm
- May 7, 2020 11:30am – 3:15pm
- June 4, 2020 11:30am – 3:15pm
- June 18, 2020 11:30am – 3:15pm
- July 2, 2020 11:30am – 3:15pm
- August 6, 2020 11:30am – 3:15pm
- September 3, 2020 11:30am – 3:15pm
Please bring with you on test day the following:
- #2 lead pencils
- photo id
- a check or money order made payable to Marshall University for $60.00.
- Face mask or Face covering
You should arrive by 11:15am and check in with the main office. All test dates are the first Thursday* of each month. For additional information please call our office at 304-674-7200.