The Marshall University Department of Mathematics will host the 4th International Conference on Statistical Distributions and Applications (ICOSDA 2022) from Thursday, Oct. 13 to Saturday, Oct. 15, at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel in downtown Huntington.
This international conference is held every three years, providing a platform for statisticians, data scientists and mathematicians, in both research and applied domains, an opportunity to share and discuss recent advances in statistical distributions and their application to real-life situations.
The scope of ICOSDA 2022 includes, but is not limited to, statistical distributions and applications; statistical modeling; inferences on statistical distributions; analysis of high dimensional data; generalized linear models; and statistical distributions in the era of global pandemic.
According to event co-chairs Dr. Alfred Akinsete, chair of Marshall’s Department of Mathematics, and Associate Professor Dr. Avishek Mallick, the program of events features keynote and plenary talks, topical and general invited talk sessions, and a student poster session. The conference presenters will have an opportunity to submit their articles for consideration of publication in a special issue of the Journal of Statistical Theory and Practice. The submitted papers will go through the same rigorous peer-review process as regular submissions.
“Hosting of this international conference by Marshall University reflects efforts that the university is making toward advancement of research that fosters active collaborations and interdisciplinary research at the regional, national, and international levels,” Akinsete said.
The conference will feature some prominent statisticians from all over the world, including:
- Professor Emeritus Barry Arnold, University of California, Riverside
- Professor Narayanaswamy Balakrishnan, McMaster University, Ontario, Canada
- Professor Emeritus Jim Berger, Duke University, North Carolina
- Professor Susmita Datta, University of Florida
- Professor Christian Genest, McGill University, Montreal, Canada
- Professor Thomas Mathew, University of Maryland
- Professor Hon Keung Tony Ng, Bentley University, Massachusetts
- Professor Kimberly Sellers, Georgetown University, Washington, D.C.
The conference is sponsored by the National Security Agency (NSA, USA) and Marshall’s Department of Mathematics, College of Science, and Office of Academic Affairs. Further information about the conference is available at http://www.icosda22.org/.