APPLY NOW to start your DPT education in May 2020!!
The School of Physical Therapy at Marshall University participates in the Physical Therapist Centralized Application Service, known as PTCAS, beginning in July 2012. Applicants applying to our entry-level physical therapist education program will apply online using the PTCAS application. To learn more about the PTCAS application process for our DPT program, please visit www.ptcas.org.
- PTCAS is now open for application! (2019-2020 application cycle)
- MU DPT program participates in the PTCAS Early Decision process. The Early Decision application is for applicants who have decided MU DPT program is their first choice and have met all of the following requirements: 1) a minimum overall GPA of 3.5; 2) a minimum total GRE score (verbal + quantitative) of 300; 3) a minimum GRE analytical writing score of 3.5; 4) no more than two outstanding science prerequisite courses at the time of application. Please click here for more information.
- PTCAS Early Decision Application Deadline: August 15, 2019 (GRE & PT observation hours need to be completed no later than July 31, 2019; CASPer test needs to be completed by August 20, 2019.)
- PTCAS General Application Deadline: October 15, 2019 (GRE & PT observation hours need to be completed no later than October 1, 2019; CASPer test needs to be completed by November 3, 2019.)
- The interview dates for Class of DPT 2023: first two weeks of January 2020 (TBD)
- DO NOT send your application documents (i.e. official transcripts, GRE score report, clinical observation verification hours forms and reference letters) to Marshall University School of Physical Therapy. All of the documents shall be sent to PTCAS.
- For submitting your GRE score report, our PTCAS program code is “Marshall U Sch Phy Therapy PTCAS (0323).” Only using this code can ensure that your report is sent to PTCAS.
- There is no supplemental application and fee required when you apply on PTCAS. When you are invited to our on-site interview in early January 2020, you will be asked to complete the supplemental application form. When we offer you a seat (February – Mid-May), you will be asked to pay the $40 supplemental application fee (for international applicants: $65; non-refundable) along with the $500 seat deposit (non-refundable).
- Question?! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- As a member of the American Council of Academic Physical Therapy (ACAPT), the Marshall University School of Physical Therapy strives to conform to the Admissions Traffic Rules for Physical Therapist Education Programs. (ACAPT Admissions Traffic Rules)