Shortly after joining Marshall University in January 2016, President Gilbert announced a set of initial goals for his administration.
Those goals include growing the institution in both size and quality through:
• Growing enrollment;
• Ensuring student success;
• Enhancing marketing and national image;
• Developing competitive salaries for faculty and staff;
• Increasing fundraising and private donations;
• Encouraging research and other creative activities;
• Expanding Ph.D programs; and
• Promoting economic development.