It’s FAFSA Time!
We don’t want anyone to miss out on financial aid. Our staff will assist you in completing your 2018-19 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Join us from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday, February 13, 2018, in our office in Old Main, Room 116. Anyone (current and prospective students attending or interested in any university) needing to complete the FAFSA is welcome.
How to Prepare
You will need an FSA ID to electronically sign your FAFSA. If you are a dependent student, at least one parent will need an FSA ID as well. It is best to have your FSA ID before completing the FAFSA but not necessary. Apply for the FSA ID now at fsaid.ed.gov. Click HERE for more information about the FSA ID.
The 2018-19 FAFSA asks for your (and possibly your parents’) 2016 income information. You should bring the following with you:
- Your Social Security number
- Your parents’ Social Security numbers if you are a dependent student
- Your driver’s license number, if you have one
- Your Alien Registration number if you are not a U.S. citizen
- Federal tax information or tax returns including IRS W-2 information, for you (and your spouse, if you are married), and for your parents if you are a dependent student:
- IRS 1040, 1040A, 1040EZ
- Foreign tax return and/or
- Tax return for Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, the U.S. Virgin Islands, the Marshall Islands, the Federated States of Micronesia, or Palau
- Records of your untaxed income, such as child support received, interest income, and veterans non-education benefits, for you, and for your parents if you are a dependent student
- Information on cash; savings and checking account balances; investments, including stocks and bonds and real estate but not including the home in which you live; and business and farm assets for you, and for your parents if you are a dependent student
Parking and Campus Map
Parking should be available in the Sixth Avenue Parking Garage. The directions to the parking garage are as follows:
- From I-64, take Exit 11, Hal Greer Blvd.
- From I-64 West turn RIGHT onto Hal Greer Blvd.
- From I-64 East turn LEFT onto Hal Greer Blvd.
- Follow Hal Greer Blvd. until you reach 6th Ave.
- Turn right onto 6th Ave., the parking garage will be on your left.
- As you walk out of the parking garage head toward 5th Ave. then walk into campus toward the statue of John Marshall. Old Main is on the other side of the statue. Proceed to Room 116.
You can also access a copy of our campus map at https://www.marshall.edu/campus/campusmap.pdf. If you have questions or need additional information, please contact the Office of Student Financial Assistance at mailto:email@example.com or 304-696-3162.