Thank you for your interest in the Marshall University H.E.L.P. Program. Below you will find detailed instructions regarding how to apply to the H.E.L.P. Program and the additional steps and materials needed to make sure that you have submitted a complete application. Although every attempt is made to contact applicants regarding incomplete applications, the final responsibility falls on the student. Incomplete applications cannot be processed or considered for admission. Please, refer back to this page as needed as a reminder of the required steps. [Printable version of this page]
- Read and complete the “College H.E.L.P. Application” form.
- Copies of testing with a diagnosis of ADHD and/or SLD must be submitted to complete the application process. Please check out our H.E.L.P. Application Assessment Requirements to ensure your testing meets requirements. Provisional admission to College H.E.L.P. is possible pending upon testing.
- Two references, other than family members, stating why that individual feels the student should attend college. Make sure to follow-up with your reference to be certain that they submitted your request.
- One-page, hand-written, statement by the student (without help) regarding why the student wants to attend college. Be honest and reflective, not perfect.
- An interview is required for admission to College H.E.L.P. Call 304-696-6252 to schedule an appointment.
- To participate in H.E.L.P. you must be admitted to Marshall University, which is a separate application process. If a student does not meet the admissions criteria for Marshall, H.E.L.P. does have the option of writing an exception letter on the student’s behalf; however, this is not a guarantee that the student will be admitted. If the Marshall University admissions committee accepts our appeal, the student will be required to commit to two semesters with H.E.L.P.
- Pay nonrefundable $50.00 application fee. (Make check payable to “M.U. HELP Program” or call 304-696-5220 to pay by credit card).
- Include a photograph with your application material, as it gives us a way to remember you.
- If a student is taking medication, a statement from the physician regarding the medications prescribed is recommended.
Submit your application
Dr. Hillary Adams (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Marshall University H.E.L.P. Program
Attn: Dr. Hillary Adams, Dir.
One John Marshall Drive
Huntington, WV 25755
Send to: 304-696-3231
- Phone: 304-696-6252
- Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org