The team behind the Small Communities, BIG Solutions Conference created an award ceremony to highlight those who are driving forward success in southern West Virginia. Since its start in 2018, many individuals, employers, nonprofits, organizations and institutions have been recognized through the Power of Performance Awards for their remarkable work in southern West Virginia. As the Small Communities, BIG Solutions Conference enters its third year, the awards advisory team remains dedicated to sharing success stories, highlighting #WVSolutions and honoring those who are leading the way. The awards selection team is looking to highlight success stories within the following 21-county region: Boone, Cabell, Clay, Fayette, Greenbrier, Kanawha, Lincoln, Logan, Mason, McDowell, Mercer, Mingo, Monroe, Nicholas, Pocahontas, Putnam, Raleigh, Summers, Wayne, Webster and Wyoming counties.
Power of Performance Honorees are selected from one of the following categories:
- Putting People to Work: Are you involved in a project that is helping to put people to work? Share your story, whether it is through training, connecting workers with existing jobs or hiring workers for your new start up, we want to know how you are helping to connect potential employees with job opportunities. This conference wants to showcase successful workforce programs that are connecting the dots between employers and the workforce as well as employers who are hiring.
- Revitalizing Communities: Are you working to help revitalize your community? Share your story, whether you are organizing a recycling program, building more housing, or implementing a community led project, we want to learn how you, or your business or organization is helping to redevelop and grow your community.
- Changing Lives: Are you or your organization helping West Virginians lead more productive and/or healthier lives? Whether it is through offering support services, unique educational opportunities, counseling or mentoring, we want to hear from you. We are interested in learning more about your successful program that is helping to lift individuals out of poverty, giving individuals a second chance on being productive adults, and/or equipping West Virginians with vital training and resources.
- NEW – #WVSolutions Seekers – Rising Leader in WV: This is a new category added to this year’s conference for students in high school, career skills training or college. We are thrilled to highlight those students who have a passion for West Virginia, have a unique idea or project and show qualities of a rising leader in the Mountain State.
Additional information about our 2021 Honorees:
- Power of Performance Awards Release 2020
- Power of Performance Honoree Slide Deck
- #WVSolutions Seekers – Rising Leader in WV Honorees Slide Deck