Complaints Against the Program in relation to compliance with the standards for accreditation
The Master of Science education program in speech language pathology at Marshall University is accredited by the Council on Academic Accreditation in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association, 2200 Research Boulevard, #310, Rockville, MD 20850, 800-498-2071 or 301-296-5700.
The purpose of this policy is to establish procedures to address questions and/or complaints against the program in relation to compliance with the standards of accreditation, including the procedures for contacting the Council of Accreditation.
Student Complaint Procedures
The student writes a letter detailing the complaint to the Dean of College of Health Professions. The Dean can be reached at 304-696-2616 or by email. The Dean will acknowledge receipt of the student complaint via email.
1. Complaints must be submitted in writing
2. The student must specify which CAA standard, policy or procedure that is in question and provide a summary of the claim with supporting evidence.
3. The Office of Student Affairs and the College of Health Professions will work to resolve the complaint.
4. The Office of Student Affairs, the College of Health Professions and the department will maintain a complete file of all complaints along with their status and resolution. The CAA will have access to this information during regular accreditation review process.
5. Any student who wishes to file a complaint with the CAA for unresolved issues related to the CAA Standards may send a letter to Council on Academic Accreditation in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology, American Speech-Language Hearing Association 2200 Research Boulevard, #310 Rockville, MD. 20850 800-498-2071 or may email the CAA at email@example.com
Communication Disorders majors, faculty members, other speech-language pathologists and Audiologists, and/or the general public can contact the CAA regarding program standards and regulations.