The John Marshall University Scholars Award program provides Marshall University faculty members with an opportunity to develop a significant creative or scholarly output.
- Applicants must be full-time, probationary tenure-track or tenured faculty members or librarians;
- Faculty recipients are expected to devote the full period of the award to the proposed project. Recipients cannot teach or accept overload assignments during the award period.
- Faculty members are eligible for only one award—academic year or summer—within a three-year period.
The proposed project can involve research, design, development, field study, creative work or performance.
The project must be structured so the awardee can produce creative or scholarly output (e.g. a presentation, a paper ready for publication submission, exhibit, or performance) at the end of the award period.
Full details of the application format, submission requirements and the evaluation process are included in the current Request for Proposals. If you have questions, please contact your area’s pre-award officer.
Next Application Deadlines
- Oct. 25, 2019, for Summer 2020 (Request for Proposals)
- Dec. 2, 2019, for Fall 2020 (Request for Proposals)
- March 3, 2020, for Spring 2021 (Request for Proposals)
- Nov 6, 2020, for Summer 2021 (Request for Proposals)
- Jan 22, 2021, for Fall 2021 (Request for Proposals)
- Mar 18, 2021, for Spring 2022 (Request for Proposals)