Applicants should follow the admissions process described at the Graduate Admissions website. The Post Master’s Certificate program is available to a limited number of qualified applicants. Admission is determined on a competitive basis. Applicants must meet the following minimum requirements.
- Master of Science in Nursing from an ACEN- or CCNE-accredited program. (Accredited program requirement is waived for students graduation from an international school of nursing.)
- Evidence of a current unencumbered license as a registered nurse in a U.S. jurisdiction. Verification form is included in the MSN application package.
It is the applicant’s responsibility to complete both the university and the MSN application for both the MSN and Post Master’s Certificate programs, submit all transcripts, and pay all admission fees. It is also the applicant’s responsibility to make sure that all required documentation is included in their application file prior to the deadline.
University Graduate School Application (Online Version)
MSN Application PDF (REQUIRED)
Applications, fees, and transcripts must be submitted to:
Marshall University Graduate College
100 Angus E. Peyton Drive
South Charleston, WV 25303-1600
1(800) 642-9842 / 1304-746-2500
Only those applications that are complete by the deadline will be processed and reviewed by the Graduate Academic Planning and Standards Committee.
Students will be notified of the committee’s admission decision by the MU Graduate College and the School of Nursing.
Admission records are only kept on file for one year. Students who are admitted but do not register for class will have their files deleted and must reapply for admission when they are ready to return.
For More Information, Contact:
- Katie Santiago, Graduate Admissions, 304-746-1910 or email@example.com
- Rebecca Appleton, Ph.D., MSN Nursing Education, 304-696-2628 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Diana Stotts, Ph.D., MSN Family Nurse Practitioner, Nurse Midwifery and Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner, 304-696-2623 or email@example.com
- Robin Walton, Ed.D., MSN Nursing Administration, 304-696-2634 or firstname.lastname@example.org