Marshall’s Student Government Association (SGA) has emergency relief funding available to assist students who have economic hardships caused by the COVID-19 pandemic or other emergencies, including weather-related damage to personal possessions.
There is an online application process for requesting funds through this program. Information regarding specific needs and simple supporting documentation of losses claimed will be required (paystubs, insurance claims, etc.).
These funds are intended to help current Marshall students faced with a variety of situations, including:
- Reduction in personal or family household income due to job loss, reduced work hours or temporary furlough;
- Costs related to online learning;
- Medical expenses; or
- Weather-related damage to personal possessions that is not covered by insurance.
The funds may be used to cover the following expenses:
- Course materials;
- Child care;
- Personal property damage; and
- Technology or other resources.
A committee of SGA representatives will review all applications. After receiving notification of an award, please allow 7-10 business days for the money to be processed via your e-Refund preference on record.
If you have additional questions about the emergency funding, please e-mail SGA@marshall.edu.