Private Lessons are available for individuals who would like to request a specific instructor, need more flexibility in scheduling, cannot make the scheduled times of lessons, need special accommodations, or just prefer one on one instruction. Private and Partner- Private lessons will be 30 minutes long. Instructors will follow the same basic curriculum but be able to individualize instruction based on goals of participant. Instructors will complete progress reports which can be referred to if another instructor needs to be assigned, they move from private to group lessons, or only come one session a year. Instructors will maintain their schedule in CSI and keep it up to date as accurately as possible. The G.A. or Assistant Director of Aquatics will assign the instructor if the individual does not have a specific request.
To register and schedule private lessons a Private Lesson Request Form must be completed, either online or in the Pro Shop. Scheduling for the initial lesson is done through the Pro Shop and payment is required upon scheduling. This can be done in person or by phone.
|Lesson Package||Private (Member)||Private (Non-Member)||Partner Private (Member)||Partner Private (Non-Member)|
Private Lesson Policies
- Private swim lessons are 30 minutes long
- Private lessons are not taught during any scheduled group swim lessons.
- Lessons must be paid for 48 hours prior to the scheduled lesson or the lesson time will be cancelled.
- Lessons can be paid for in person at the Recreation Center or by phone with Membership
- Lesson fees are non-refundable and non-transferable from member to member.
- All lessons must be used and redeemed within 12 months of purchase.
- Any lessons that were not used during the 12-month period will be rendered and the student must purchase a new training package if they wish to continue training.
- There are no refunds for those students who become injured, ill, or unable to use the remainder of their purchased lessons.
- Cancellation of a lesson must be done 12 hours in advance of the scheduled appointment to be eligible for a rescheduled appointment. Otherwise, the lesson will be considered rendered.
- Partner-private lessons are for 2 persons of equal abilities as determined by the instructor.
- If one student does not show for a scheduled semi-private lesson the lesson is still considered rendered for that individual.
- If a student arrives late for an appointment, the service will not be rescheduled or extended.
- If Marshall Recreation cancels or interrupts an appointment, the patron may reschedule for another time within one calendar year.