- “Meatless Mondays” – join us in the “Meatless Mondays” challenge. Eating less meat reduces demand, greenhouse gas emissions, water pollution, and our carbon footprint, all from changing one simple meal choice. All dining halls offer meatless options, too, so it is super easy.
- EcoCycle Bike Loan Program is in its 7th year, so come on by and borrow a bike for the day for free.
- Market Day – Wednesdays @ Student Center, 11am-2pm
- Volunteer Days – Thursday @ Student Garden, 4-7pm
Come on out for Volunteer Days in the Garden! Each Thursday from 4-7pm, volunteers are invited to lend a hand at the Student Garden, behind Career Services,1687 5th Avenue Rear.
All are welcome. 🙂
For more information, contact:
Angela Kargul, Lead Gardener, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tour of the Green Trail and Storm Water Practices -10/5/17
We will be offering tours of Marshall University’s Green Trail and campus stormwater practice for local 4th graders.
- Annual Marshall Day of Service – 10/13/17
This day, sponsored by the Student Government Association, allows faculty and students to give back to their campus community through community-based projects. We will be having a workday in the Marshall University Student Gardens focusing on completing the Hoop House.
- 100 Mile Meal – 10/26/17 @ Towers Marketplace at MU; 4-7pm
Marshall University’s 100 Mile Meal Day, in participation with the FoodDay.org project
The Marshall University Student Association of Nutrition and Dietetics is coordinating with the MU Sustainability Department and numerous other groups to mobilize efforts to promote healthy and locally produced foods on campus and in our community and make Marshall a more environmentally sustainable and health-conscious place to learn, work and thrive.