The On-Campus™ ACT is similar to National ACT in terms of format and scoring. The examination takes about 3 hours and consists of test questions that measure your knowledge of English, Mathematics, Reading, and Science. ACT On-Campus Testing is not a practice test. Test preparation resources can be found on the National ACT website at ACT Student Test Prep.
Individuals taking the On-Campus ACT at Marshall University must be enrolled, have been admitted, or will be attending Marshall University. On-Campus ACT test scores are only valid at Marshall University and St. Mary’s Medical Center cooperative education programs in Medical Imaging, Nursing, and Respiratory Care.
Individuals cannot take the ACT On-Campus test for NCAA eligibility. Marshall University does NOT provide extended time accommodations to the On-Campus ACT exam. Students seeking accommodations should register for the National ACT.
2021 Upcoming Test Dates
Note: Dates are subject to change, depending on pandemic restrictions.
- Friday, April 9, 2021 – Registration for this testing event has closed. Walk-ins may still be accepted.
- Friday, May 7, 2021
- Friday, June 4, 2021
- Friday, June 25, 2021
- Friday, July 9, 2021
- Friday, July 30, 2021
- Friday, August 13, 2021
How To Register
Register for the ACT On-Campus Testing.
Pre-Registration is encouraged and seating is limited. It is recommended that you review the test schedule prior to registering.
Registration closes at 4:30 p.m. the Wednesday before the test. If there are still seats available, test-takers may be admitted on a stand-by basis.
Ask the Experts Sessions
Optional session, separate registration required.
We’ve got you covered! If you have questions about the enrollment process or financial aid, we want to help you get your questions answered. You now have the opportunity to attend a special Meet the Experts event following your ACT test. During this event, you will have the opportunity to connect with representatives from Admissions and Financial Aid, enjoy lunch on us, and apply to Marshall with no application fee. Register for an Ask the Experts Session.
Time And Location
Tests are given in the Memorial Student Center in Room 2W22 (unless otherwise posted). Check-in begins at 8:30 am and the test begins around 9 am. The test concludes around 1:00 pm.
Important Covid-19 Health And Safety Information
- Social distancing within the test center is expected and will be strictly enforced.
- Pursuant to Governor Justice’s July 6, 2020 order, all test-takers will be expected to bring and to wear protective face coverings.
- Only test-takers will be permitted in the testing room.
- If you feel sick or have cold-like symptoms, you should not come to the test.
- Hand sanitizer will be available.
- Thermal temperature checks will be conducted. Test-takers with a registered temperature of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit will not be admitted.
- Testing Fee: $60.00
- Payment Methods: Exact Cash, Check or Money Order
- Please make all checks and money orders payable to Marshall University.
- Payment is due on the day of the exam and a copy of payment receipt will be presented upon payment. Testing Fees are non-refundable.
What To Bring
- Photo ID (Driver
‘s License, Student ID, Passport, etc.)
- Soft-Lead #2 Pencils (Mechanical Pencils are prohibited)
- Face covering and personal bottle of hand sanitizer (optional)
- Acceptable Calculator (optional)
- Calculators are only permitted on the Mathematics test.
- Most basic four-function, scientific, and graphing calculators are acceptable.
- For more calculator information, as well as a list of prohibited calculators visit actstudent.org.
Parking will be available in the Sixth Avenue Parking Garage. The directions to the parking garage are as follows:
- From I-64, take Exit 11, Hal Greer Blvd.
- From I-64 West turn RIGHT onto Hal Greer Blvd.
- From I-64 East turn LEFT onto Hal Greer Blvd.
- Follow Hal Greer Blvd. until you reach 6th Ave.
- Turn right onto 6th Ave., the parking garage will be on your left.
- As you walk out of the parking garage, head toward 5th Ave. and the Memorial Student Center will be just across 5th Avenue.
Following the completion of the test, test scores are sent to the MU Admissions Office. Test scores will be available to the student within two business days after the exam date. Scores will ONLY be released to the individual who tested via phone at 304-696-6051 or 304-696-6008.
- No Student Reports and no High School Reports are generated.
- No Additional Score Reports will be generated to report scores to any other institution.
- ACT On-Campus scores are not scored by ACT and, therefore, are not official transferable scores like those provided by The ACT National Test.
- Examinees may take the ACT no more than 12 times total. This restriction applies even if your scores from a test date are canceled by you or by ACT. If the examinee violates this restriction, ACT will automatically cancel the scores and no refund will be issued by ACT or Marshall University. An examinee must wait a minimum of 60 days between retests.
If you have any questions about the On-Campus (Walk-In) ACT, please contact Rodney Sanders or Victoria Giuffrida using the information below.
Rodney Sanders – ACT Coordinator
Victoria Giuffrida – ACT Co-Coordinator