Heart of Appalachia Educational Opportunity Center
The Heart of Appalachia Educational Opportunity Center (EOC) provides free services to assist adults interested in completing their education. EOC counselors provide one-on-one advising to help you discover what career or school is best for you, locate schools in your area, complete financial aid and admission forms, and much more. Please click on the Application page above for information our Narrowing the Distance Contest and to fill out an application.
Our one-on-one services include:
- Assistance with admissions to any school
- Assistance with all the steps of the Financial Aid process
- Assitance with reconcilation of defaulted student loans
- Career Planning and Interest Testing
- Scholarship Information
- Individualized academic advising
- School selection and previewing
- Referrals to Community Resources
- High School Equivalency Information (TASC/GED)
Who is eligible for the Educational Opportunity Center Program?
Individuals are selected based on one or more of the following criteria:
- Individuals who have not completed High School and wish to obtain a High School diploma or GED
- Individuals who left a college or vocational training program before completion and wish to resume their education
- Family Income Meets Federal Guidelines
- First Generation (neither parent completed a four-year college degree)
The Federal Income guidelines for TRIO may be found here.
If you have any questions, please call: 304-696-3031 or email Us.