Heart of Appalachia Educational Opportunity Center
The Heart of Appalachia Educational Opportunity Center (EOC) provides free services to assist adults interested in completing their education. EOC counselors provide one-on-one advising to help you discover what career or school is best for you, locate schools in your area, complete financial aid and admission forms, and much more.
Our one-on-one services include:
- Assistance with admissions to any school
- Assistance with all the steps of the Financial Aid process
- Assitance with reconcilation of defaulted student loans
- Career Planning and Interest Testing
- Scholarship Information
- Individualized academic advising
- School selection and previewing
- Referrals to Community Resources
- High School Equivalency Information (TASC/GED)
Who is eligible for the Educational Opportunity Center Program?
Individuals are selected based on one or more of the following criteria:
- Individuals who have not completed High School and wish to obtain a High School diploma or GED
- Individuals who left a college or vocational training program before completion and wish to resume their education
- Family Income Meets Federal Guidelines
- First Generation (neither parent completed a four-year college degree)
The Federal Income guidelines for TRIO may be found here.
If you have any questions, please call:
(304) 696-3031 or email Us.
The winner of our November/December Fire 7 drawing was Nina Elkins, who was enrolled by our counselor, Patty Moore. Congratulations Nina!