Commonly referred to as the “professional Facebook,” LinkedIn is a professional networking site that allows you to identify and connect with potential networking contacts, research companies, and join professional interest groups.
- LinkedIn Etiquette
- Building a Great Student Profile
- Get a Job or Internship
- How to Network on LinkedIn
- LinkedIn Job Search Engine:Leverage the world’s largest professional network to connect with opportunity. Use LinkedIn Jobs to harness the power of your network and get hired. LinkedIn Jobs surfaces insights such as whom you know at a company, providing you an edge in your job search.
- LinkedIn SalaryDiscover your earning potential with LinkedIn Salary. Explore salaries by job title and location. See how years of experience, industry, location and more can impact your salary.
- LinkedIn InternshipsUse the power of LinkedIn to take the first step in your professional career with the internship finder.
- LinkedIn ProFinder– LinkedIn’s new professional services marketplace that helps to connect entrepreneurs and freelancers with real business projects.
YouTube Tutorial: LinkedIn for Students: Top 5 Profile To-Dos
Social Media Dos and Don’ts
How do you use it for your career?
Social media can work for or against us. Whether we want them to or not, employers will more than likely Google our name or try to find us on Facebook to find out more about us. This makes being aware of what information we have out there very important.
However, social media aren’t all bad. They are great for networking, and often employers post jobs on them.
The following resources offer some tips on how to use social media to benefit your career: