2022 West Virginia General Election Important Upcoming Dates
11/02/2022 – Last Day To Request An Absentee Ballot (Information on Voting by Absentee Ballot)
11/05/2022 – Early Voting Ends
11/07/2022 – Last Day To Hand Deliver An Absentee Ballot (Information on Voting by Absentee Ballot)
11/08/2022 – Election Day
The Countdown to 2022 WV General Election has begun! Please take a moment to check your voter registration status. Find Your Polling Place and Download Sample Ballots.
Visit GoVoteWV.com for more details.
As a designated Voter Friendly Campus for 2021-2022, Marshall University’s institutional commitment to civic learning and democratic engagement is evidenced throughout the entire Marshall Family and can be seen in our administrative, faculty, staff, and student culture. While civic learning and democratic engagement take many forms, informed citizen participation in the electoral process is one of the most vital components of successful self-government. Low voter registration and voter turnout rates are a threat to democracy and must be addressed from multiple angles; higher education has a vital role to play in inculcating habits of responsible citizenship. The institution’s Mission, Vision, and Creed statements, the basic building blocks of its Core Curriculum, its programming priorities, its civic cultural orientation, its leadership and formal structures of democratic engagement all collectively prepare Marshall to undertake new efforts to advance student electoral participation. Learn more in our 2020-21 Voter Friendly Campus Plan.
Did You Know?
- Marshall University is the first on-campus early voting precinct in the state of West Virginia (West Virginia Secretary of State’s office, 2018).
- Any registered voter in Cabell County can utilize our university’s early voting precinct. Students who registered in another West Virginia county can cast a provisional ballot, which is counted during the canvassing period of the election, once it has been verified that the student did not cast a ballot in any additional county other than Cabell (West Virginia Secretary of State’s office, 2018).
- Since opening in 2018, voter turnout among voters ages 18-24 has more than doubled (Cabell County Clerk’s office, 2018).
- Approximately 1,500 voters utilized the facility in 2018 (Cabell County Clerk’s office, 2018).
- Marshall University’s early voting precinct employees five full-time staff members for four weeks, each election year (Cabell County Clerk’s office, 2019).
- Marshall University’s early voting precinct is the most ADA compliant early voting precinct in Cabell County (Cabell County Clerk’s office, 2019).
- Following the success of Marshall University’s early precinct, West Virginia University will open its on-campus early voting precinct in the fall of 2020 (West Virginia Secretary of State’s office, 2020).
Questions about Getting Involved? Contact Us!
Dr. Kelli Johnson
One John Marshall Drive, Drinko Library 339
Huntington, WV 25755
One John Marshall Drive, Drinko Library 232
Huntington, WV 25755