On behalf of the Division of Intercultural and Student Affairs, we are excited to share this information about Homecoming Court 2020. The selection process for Mr. and Miss Marshall and Homecoming Court is based upon leadership qualities, school spirit, integrity, and achievement through contributions and campus involvement at Marshall University.
- Be a full-time, currently enrolled student in good standing, at Marshall University
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75
- Must be sponsored by one Marshall University registered student organization, residence hall association, or athletic team (sponsoring organizations can only sponsor one candidate)
- Attend one informational meeting (all info meetings will be held on Microsoft Teams – links can be accessed through HerdLink calendar)
In lieu of a resume, applicants should submit their “Herd Experience and Leadership Platform” which will include:
- Personal Statement: “How do you describe your Marshall experience and what makes your journey unique?”
- Rationale: “Why are you running for Homecoming Court, and what qualities do you possess that qualify you to serve as an ambassador for the University?”
- Professional Plans: “What are you striving to achieve post-Marshall, and how will becoming Mr. or Miss Marshall 2020 support you in achieving these goals?”
- Proposed Platform: “If you are named Mr. or Miss Marshall 2020, what cause, idea, or event are you dedicated to promoting? How will you effectively plan and facilitate your proposed platform? Who will you need to be successful in implementing this platform? How does your platform enhance the campus and surrounding community?”
Upon evaluation of your application by our Homecoming Committee, the top candidates will be invited to the interview phase of the selection process.
All informational meetings will be held on Microsoft Teams – links can be accessed through HerdLink calendar.
- Wednesday, Sept. 30 | 4 p.m.
- Thursday, Oct. 1 | 1 p.m.
- Sunday, Oct. 4 | 6 p.m.
- Tuesday, Oct. 6 | 4 p.m.
- Thursday, Oct. 8 | noon
- Monday, Oct. 12 | 8 p.m.
Mr. and Miss Marshall applications are currently available on HerdLink and are due Tuesday, October 13 at noon.
All candidates are asked to carefully review all forms and rules, taking special note of deadlines after attending an informational meeting. If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Student Activities at email@example.com.
*Marshall University and the Homecoming Committee are inclusive of all gender identities.