The Society is the nation’s largest leadership honor society. Students are invited by the LEAD Center for membership based on either academic standing or leadership potential. Candidacy is a nationally recognized achievement of honorable distinction. With 643 chapters, the Society currently has 874,622 members nationwide.
In addition to honorable distinction, the Society provides a step-by-step program for members to build their leadership skills through participation at their campus or online. Upon completion of the program, members receive their leadership certificate and take their place among the top student leaders at Marshall University and across the country. Members are able to list their affiliation on all statements of personal accomplishment, including their resume.
Membership is for life and provides access to benefits including scholarships and awards, exclusive on-campus events, employer recruitment through an online job bank, and discounts on computers, textbooks, grad school prep courses, insurance and much more.
Students accept their nomination to become recognized as members of the Society. However, to achieve induction members must attend Orientation, Leadership Training Day, 3 Speaker Broadcasts and 3 Success Networking Team meetings.
LEADERSHIP TRAINING DAY
SUCCESS NETWORKING TEAMS
The National Society of Leadership and Success – Member Date 2018 – Present
Selected by campus administration to participate among top students in a leadership program including:
- Leadership Training Day: Trained in leadership and success skills via an introspective and interactive training session.
- Speaker Events: Participated in seminars led by celebrities and best-selling authors on topics such as leadership, time management, and goal setting.
- Success Networking Teams:
- Participated in peer based leadership development teams
- Experience in setting and achieving goals, receiving coaching, coaching others, and holding others accountable to commitments.