The Marshall University Writing Center is staffed with graduate and undergraduate students ready to help you at any stage of the writing process. Tutors can be consulted on any writing assignment from any discipline.
The Marshall University Writing Center also partners with the Marshall University librarians. The “Research Librarian” tutor helps with the research aspect of writing (including citation methods). If you are struggling to understand how to work with sources or are simply curious about the resources available through our libraries, make a special appointment with the tutor designated as “Research Librarian.”
Note: Research librarians are only available for library instruction; they are unable to help with questions regarding the writing process itself.
Instructions for Making Face-to-Face Appointments
- Go to http://marshall.mywconline.com/.
- Select “Click here to register” if you are a first-time user and follow the prompts to process your registration.
- Once you have registered, you may log in to make an appointment. The white boxes indicate tutor availability, designated as “Open Time.”
- When you click on a white box, you will be prompted to submit information regarding your agenda for the tutoring session. Be sure to fill out the appointment form completely before saving the session. You will receive an email confirmation of your appointment.
- You may also make an appointment over the phone (if you are already registered in the online system) or by stopping by the Writing Center and speaking to the tutor at the desk.