The Division of Management offers a Bachelor of Business Administration degree in Health Care Management. Graduates with the degree are prepared to provide health care organizations with the necessary skills to manage the complexities of delivering health care in the dynamic health care environment
Students who graduate with a B.B.A. in Management will develop the following skills and acquire knowledge in:
- Oral and written communication
- Essential health care management skills
- Critical analysis and problem solve skills for health care
- Gain knowledge of the health care environment and how health care is delivered
- Develop Professionalism and leadership skills
Opportunities & Careers
Careers for a graduate with a BBA in Health Care Management include positions in such settings as:
- Hospital Administration
- Long-term Care facilities
- Rehabilitation Centers
- Pharmaceutical companies
- Mental Health organizations
- Public Health Administration
- Health Care consulting firms
- Medical device companies
- Managed Care companies
- Outpatient Surgery centers
- On the average, a yearly salary is $96,540 (or $46.41 hourly).
Projected job market data for Medical and Health Services Managers: https://www.onetonline.org/link/summary/11-9111.00
Core Business Courses
- ACC 215, 216 – Principles of Accounting
- ECN 250 – Principles of Microeconomics
- ECN 253 – Principles of Macroeconomics
- FIN 323 – Principles of Finance
- LE 207 – Legal Environment of Business
- MGT 218 – Business Statistics
- MGT 320 – Principles of Management
- MGT 460 – Strategic Management
- MIS 290 – Principles of Management Info. Sys.
- MKT 340 – Principles of Marketing
- MGT 350 – Health Care Organizations & Mgt.
- MGT 354 – Health Care Services & Fac. Mgt.
- MGT 419 – Business & Society
- MGT 355 – Health Care Products & Services
- MGT 420 – Operations Management
- MGT 422 – Organizational Behavior
- MGT 424 – Human Resource Management
- MGT 471 – Health Care Practicum I
- FIN 356 – Financial Mgt. Health Care Org.
- LE 351 – Legal Aspects of Health Care Org.
- MGT Electives (9 hours) Any 300 or 400 level management courses