The Division of Management offers a Bachelor of Business Administration degree in Health Care Management. Graduates with the degree are prepared to provide health care organizations with the necessary skills to manage the complexities of delivering health care in the dynamic health care environment
Students who graduate with a B.B.A. in Management will develop the following skills and acquire knowledge in:
- Oral and written communication
- Essential health care management skills
- Critical analysis and problem solve skills for health care
- Gain knowledge of the health care environment and how health care is delivered
- Develop Professionalism and leadership skills
Opportunities & Careers
Careers for a graduate with a BBA in Health Care Management include positions in such settings as:
- Hospital Administration
- Long-term Care facilities
- Rehabilitation Centers
- Pharmaceutical companies
- Mental Health organizations
- Public Health Administration
- Health Care consulting firms
- Medical device companies
- Managed Care companies
- Outpatient Surgery centers
- On the average, a yearly salary is $96,540 (or $46.41 hourly).
Projected job market data for Medical and Health Services Managers: https://www.onetonline.org/link/summary/11-9111.00
- MGT 350 – Health Care Organizations & Management
- MGT 354 – Health Care Delivery Systems
- MGT 355 – Health Care Products & Services
- MGT 424 – Human Resource Management
- MGT 455 – Health Care Policy Seminar
- MGT 471 – Health Care Practicum I
- LE 351 – Legal Aspects of Health Care Organizations
- MGT Elective (3 hours)
*MGT elective can be any 300/400 level MGT class that is not already required (except MGT 490).
MGT 445 cannot count as both the International COB elective and a MGT elective.
Using MGT 422 as the MGT elective would complete a MGT minor.