COB Health Care Administration
The Master of Science in Health Care Administration is designed to provide individuals with a comprehensive perspective of the health care environment. The growing complexity and rapid pace of change in the health care system have created an urgent need for professionals who have knowledge and skills in finance, management information systems, strategy and law.
Applicants should follow the admissions process described in this catalog or at the Graduate Admissions website: www.marshall.edu/graduate/admissions/how-to-apply-for-admission.
Applicants also must submit a copy of their resume and must either have:
- An undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited institution with an undergraduate Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale for all previously completed undergraduate coursework.
- An undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited institution with a minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.5-2.99 on a 4.0 scale for all previously completed undergraduate university work, and, in addition to the resume, two letters of recommendation. Applicant may also submit additional documents such as statement of purpose, test scores, etc.
- Have a doctoral degree from a regionally accredited institution.
Conditional Admission can be granted for one term if the applicant meets all program requirements for admission except they have not officially graduated with their bachelor’s degree. Once the degree is granted, the applicant would need to resubmit his or her official transcripts for full admission.
Note: Applicants may be asked to submit additional material if needed before an admission decision is made. Generally, more students apply to the H.C.A. program than are accepted each year; therefore, the selection process is competitive.
Curriculum for Program
|COURSE NO.||COURSE TITLE||HRS|
|HCA 600||The Health Care System||3|
|HCA 630||Legal Issues in Health Care Management||3|
|HCA 640||The Health Care Professional||3|
|HCA 610||Health Care Financial Management||3|
|HCA 615||Health Care Economics||3|
|HCA 653||Integrated Health Care Delivery System||3|
|HCA 655||Health Care Marketing||3|
|HCA 656||Management of Medical Technology and Information Systems||3|
|HCA 658||Long Term Care||3|
|HCA 695||Field Research in Health Care Management||3|
|HCA Elective||Program Approved HCA elective||3|
|Elective||Business Course Approved by Advisor||3|
Projected job market data for Medical and Health Services Managers: https://www.onetonline.org/link/summary/11-9111.00
Opportunities & Careers
- Management Analyst
- Health Care Executive
- Medical and Health Services Managers
- Medical Records and Health Information Technician
- Tuition Rates
- Financial Aid
- Graduate College Website
- Graduate Catalog
- Graduate Forms
- Schedule of Courses
- Graduate Assistantship Information
- Graduate Assistantship in College of Business Positions