The AACSB accredited MBA degree you want with the flexibility you need
Marshall’s MBA Online program is designed for those students looking to complete a first-class MBA education without enrolling in a full-time, on-campus program. The program takes the best of the Marshall University’s on-campus curriculum and adapts it in an online format. All courses are taught by the same high-caliber faculty members that also teach on-campus. Consult Marshall University’s Online Learning resources for policies and procedures.
The MBA degree program from Marshall University will help prepare you for career achievement and advancement. With an emphasis placed on applying theory into real-world practice, our graduates will be able to meet current needs and changing demands of the global market place. The program will help polish your management, critical thinking, communication, and problem solving skills. The faculty of our MBA program is composed of professors with educational backgrounds and experience in the functional fields of business administration, accounting, finance, management, marketing, economics, law, MIS, communications, and organizational behavior. The rigorous nature of the MBA program requires thorough understanding of the basics of business fundamentals. If your undergraduate degree is not in business, there may be some additional foundations courses required.
Admission RequirementsApply Now
Applicants should follow the admissions process described in this catalog or at the Graduate Admissions website: www.marshall.edu/graduate.
Applicants must submit a copy of their resume, and must either have:
- An undergraduate degree in business from a regionally accredited institution with an undergraduate Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale for all previously completed undergraduate coursework.
- An undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited institution with a minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale for all previously completed undergraduate university work, and, in addition to the resume, 2 letters of recommendation. Applicant may also submit additional documents such as statement of purpose, test scores, etc.
- Have successfully completed the undergraduate prerequisite business courses with a 3.0 or higher.
- Have a doctoral degree from a regionally accredited institution.
Conditional Admission can be granted for one term if the applicant meets all program requirements for admission except they have not officially graduated with their bachelor’s degree. Once the degree is granted the applicant would need to resubmit their official transcripts for full admission.
Note: Applicants may be asked to submit additional material if needed before an admission decision is made. Generally, more students apply to the M.B.A. program than are accepted each year; therefore, the selection process is competitive.
Curriculum for Program
Building up on the knowledge gained in the core curriculum, students can customize and focus their learning experience to best fit their individual skills and goals.
Marshall University MBA students can specialize in an “Concentrations” by taking two electives in one functional area. Online Concentrations include:
- Health Care Administration (virtual delivery only)
- Supply Chain Management
- Military Management
- ECN 250 Principles of Microeconomics
- ACC 215 Accounting Principles
- MGT 218 Business Statistics
- MKT 340 Principles of Marketing
- FIN 323 Principles of Finance
Master of Business Administration
|Course No.||Hrs.||Course Title (Prerequisite)|
|MGT 601||3||Quantitative Methods for Business (PR: MGT 218/MBA Admission)|
|ACC 613||3||Profit Planning and Controls (PR: ACC 215/MBA Admission or Academic Advisor Permission)|
|FIN 620||3||Financial management (PR: FIN 323, MGT 601)|
|ECN 630||3||Managerial Economics (PR: ECN 250/MBA Admission)|
|MGT 672||3||Organizational Behavior (PR: GSM Admission)|
|MGT 674||3||Production/Operations Management (PR: MGT 601/Permission of GSM Academic Advisor)|
|MIS 678||3||Management Information Systems (PR: GSM Admission)|
|MKT 682||3||Advanced Marketing Management (PR: MKT 340/MBA Admission)|
|MGT 699 *||3||Business Policy & Strategy (PR: Permission of GSM Academic Advisor)|
* This course should be taken in the last 9 hours of the program.
Download the MBA Plan of Study PDF
Projected job market data for General and Operations Managers: https://www.onetonline.org/link/summary/11-1021.00
Opportunities & Careers
- Current and Former Students Admission
- New Graduate Admission
- Tuition Rates
- Financial Aid
- Graduate College Website
- Graduate Catalog
- Graduate Forms
- Schedule of Courses
The Master of Business Administration is a Graduate Degree offered by the Lewis College of Business.