Students can choose to complete a minor in any of the following areas in business.Students may desire a limited but structured background in one of the functional areas of business. The following minor programs of study provide such structured backgrounds. These minors are the only minors available in the LCOB.
- A minimum of 12 credit hours in Accounting, to include ACC 311, 318, 348, and three hours from another upper-level course. Choose from among ACC 312, 341, 412, 418, 448, or 400-level Special Topics. (See course descriptions for information about prerequisites.) NOTE: All courses must be completed with a grade of C or better.
- A minimum of 15 credit hours in Economics, with no more than six of those hours earned at the 200
level or lower.
- Entrepreneurship Minor (for Business Majors) A minimum of 15 credit hours including ACC 215/216, ENT 360, ENT 220, LE 366, plus three credit hours from any ENT-designated course 300 level or above, MGT 428, MGT 429, MGT 446, MKT 231, MKT 341, MKT 350, MKT 375, MKT 435, MKT 437, MKT 445, or MKT 465.
- Entrepreneurship Minor (for Non-Business Majors) A minimum of 15 credit hours including ACC 310, ENT 360, ENT 220, LE 366, plus three credit hours from any ENT-designated course, 300 level or above, MGT 446, MKT 231, MKT 350, MKT 375, MKT 437, or MKT 445.
- A minimum of 12 credit hours in Finance, to include FIN 323, plus six hours from among FIN 321, 343, 370; plus three hours taken in any of the discipline’s 400-level courses.
General Business Minor
- A minimum of 15 credit hours including ACC 215 or ACC 310, ECN 200 or ECN 250, MGT 320. MKT 340, plus three hours from FIN 323, ENT 360, LE 207, MIS 290, MGT 422, or MKT 231. Note: Business majors may not declare a minor in General Business. Business students transferring to a major outside of business can declare the minor after they change out of business. Student must meet the prerequisites for the individual courses, as listed in the catalog, even if the prerequisite course does not count towards the minor.
Hospitality and Tourism Minor
- A minimum of 15 credit hours including MKT 345, MKT 445. LE 380, MGT 335, plus three hours from MKT 400, STHM 270, ENT 360, GEO 304, GEO 317, NRRM 340, or NRRM 362.
- Internships and jobs
International Business Minor
- A minimum of 12 credit hours to include FIN 440, ECN 420 or ECN 421, MKT 371, and MGT 445 or MGT 478.
Legal Environment Minor
- A minimum of 12 credit hours to include LE 207 plus 9 credit hours from other LE courses.
- A minimum of 12 credit hours, including MGT 320 and 422; plus six hours of 400 level MGT courses.
Management Information Systems Minor
- A minimum of 12 credit hours to include MIS 290 and MIS 340, plus six hours from among the 300/400 level MIS courses (excluding MIS 475).
- A minimum of 12 credit hours, to include MKT 340 and nine other hours of Marketing.
Military Science and Leadership Minor
- A minimum of 16 credit hours in Military Science and 3 credit hours in History (as approved by the Professor of Military Science), and completion of the Cadet Summer Training Course at Fort Knox, Kentucky. All Military Science courses in the minor are 300 and 400 level (MS 301/301L, MS 302/302L, MS401/401L, MS 402 /402L). Completion of the minor is with approval of the Professor of Military Science.
Risk Management and Insurance Minor
- A minimum of 12 credit hours to include FIN 321, FIN 329, FIN 405, and three hours from among (1) a SFT course approved by the Finance and Economics division, or (2) a 300-400 level course approved by the Finance and Economics division.