Students can choose to complete a minor in any of the following areas in business.Students may desire a limited but structured background in one of the functional areas of business. The following minor programs of study provide such structured backgrounds. These minors are the only minors available in the LCOB.
- A minimum of 12 credit hours in Accounting, to include ACC 311, 318, 348, and three hours from another upper-level course. Choose from among ACC 312, 341, 412, 418, 448, or 400-level Special Topics. (See course descriptions for information about prerequisites.) NOTE: All courses must be completed with a grade of C or better.
- A minimum of 15 credit hours in Economics, with no more than six of those hours earned at the 200
level or lower.
- A minimum of 15 credit hours to include – Required Courses: ACC 215/216 (ACC 310 for non-business majors only), MGT 360, MGT 461, and MKT 340. [ACC 215/216 counts only as 3 hours of an elective towards the 12 hours required for the minor]; and one Elective Course: FIN 380, LE 366; MIS 350, MKT 231; or an internship in entrepreneurship in ACC 490, ECN 490, FIN 490, MGT 490, MIS 490, or MKT 490.
- A minimum of 12 credit hours in Finance, to include FIN 323, plus six hours from among FIN 321, 343, 370; plus three hours taken in any of the discipline’s 400-level courses.
- A minimum of 12 credit hours, including LE 207, LE 308, LE 351, and LE 366.
- A minimum of 12 credit hours, including MGT 320 and 422; plus six hours of 400 level MGT courses.
Management Information Systems Minor
- A minimum of 12 credit hours to include MIS 290 and MIS 340, plus six hours from among the 300/400 level MIS courses (excluding MIS 475).
- A minimum of 12 credit hours, to include MKT 340 and nine other hours of Marketing.
Military Science and Leadership Minor
- A minimum of 16 credit hours in military science and 3 credit hours in history, as well as completion of the Summer training program Leadership Development and Assessment Course at Fort Lewis, WA. All Military Science courses are 300- and 400- level (MS 301/301L, MS302/302L, MS401/401L, MS402/402L). Completion of minor with approval of the Professor of Military Science.
Risk Management and Insurance Minor
- A minimum of 12 credit hours to include FIN 321, FIN 329, FIN 405, and three hours from among (1) a SFT course approved by the Finance and Economics division, or (2) a 300-400 level course approved by the Finance and Economics division.