The Anthropology Club brings together students interested in the four-fields of anthropology (both as majors and non-majors) in order to engage with the core concerns of discipline in settings beyond the classroom. The Club is open to everyone and we encourage people to join us who find learning about human diversity across time and space fascinating.
Activities of the Club include:
- Field trips
- The Works in Progress Series
- Invited speakers
- Book and bake sales
- Movie screenings
Officers for the 2018-2019 Academic Year
President: Sam Foresha
Vice-President: Michelle Young
Secretary: Kris Collins
Treasurer: Kyle Grimes
Nicholas Freidin, DPhil. and Robin Riner, PhD
For more information contact Dr. Freidin at Tel: 304-696 2794 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
American Anthropological Association program for Anthropology Clubs
AnthroClubs is an official student program for undergraduate members of the American Anthropological Association that works to foster community among those majoring, minoring, or having a general interest in the field of anthropology.
AAA Anthropology Club members work to mobilize students and departments by serving as on-campus ambassadors.
Starting an AAA AnthroClub
- Have at least 5 student club members (at least three (3) club members, not including the club President, must be AAA members)
- Have a faculty advisor (AAA membership is not required but members receive 15% off their national dues)
- Complete and submit an AnthroClub membership application
- Submit AnthroClub annual dues (2015 National Anthropology Day participants receive their first year dues waived)
- Complete and submit the AAA undergraduate membership application for at least three (3) members
- Elect club officers (President, Secretary and Treasurer) annually
- Develop a club social media page (at least one of the following); or “follow” or “like” @AmericanAnthro
- Clubs on Facebook should “like” the AAA page to receive updates
- An official AnthroClub Membership Certificate
- The official AnthroClub member logo to use on materials, websites and social media channels
- Club President’s member dues waived
- Faculty Advisor member dues discount (15% off)
- Annual club kit that includes materials that will include ideas on how to plan activities for your club, logo swag, and other resources
- Highlights throughout the year of club activities on AAA national social media pages
- Participation in World Anthropology Day (formerly National Anthropology Day) events and materials
- Exclusive access to purchase/request additional official Anthro Club logo materials
World Anthropology Day
Celebrate. Engage. Inspire.
Anthropology Day is an annual day (always the third Thursday in February) for anthropologists to celebrate our discipline while sharing it with the world around us. Help us celebrate what anthropology is and what it can achieve by hosting an event through the Anthropology Club.
Visit the American Anthropological Association’s Anthropology Day Resources page to check out logos, activity suggestions, customizable templates and additional materials from the 2017 celebration.