SCHOLARLY ONLINE SOURCES
…may be limited to the MU Community
- CQ Researcher: Often the first source that librarians recommend when researchers are seeking original, comprehensive reporting and analysis on issues in the news.
- Credo Reference: Its full-text, aggregated content covers every major subject from the world’s best publishers of reference.
- Scholastic Go: Concise articles on geography, history, government, language, literature, religion, technology, the arts and sciences.
- Oxford English Dictionary: An unsurpassed guide to the meaning, history, and pronunciation of over half a million words, both present and past.
- Points of View: Designed to provide students with a series of essays that present multiple sides of a current issue.
- Summon: Provides a Google-like search of all of Marshall Libraries resources including books, articles, dissertations, multimedia, and more.
- Gale Virtual Reference Library: A database of encyclopedias and specialized reference sources for multidisciplinary research.
- World News Digest: Brings together seven decades of news from the renowned Facts On File World News Digest in print.
PRIMARY LITERARY AND HISTORICAL WORKS
… select titles and comprehensive sites
- American Memory: Historical Collections for the National Digital Library (Library of Congress)
- The American Verse Project American poetry prior to 1920 (University of Michigan)
- Bulfinch’s Mythology the text of the Age of Fables with links to other related material
- Cornell University Library Windows on the Past which includes Making of America (19th Century periodicals) and many other collections.
- Dickinson, Emily
- GreyNet International, Grey Literature Network Service: a place to find grey literature in science, government, and other fields.
- Historical Text Archives includes links to US and world-wide historical documents (Mississippi State)
- Jack London Online Collection
- Liberty Library of Constitutional Classics
- Modern English Collection (University of Virginia)
- National Academy Press Reading Room with online books from The National Academy of Sciences. Includes a subject list or title word search.
- On-Line Books Page allows you to search their large list by title, author, or call number (University of Pennsylvania)
- Project Bartleby.
- Project Gutenberg Online full-text digital library.
- Sonnet Central texts of sonnets through the ages.
- Victorian Women Writers Project (Indiana University)
- Whitman, Walt
- Wordsworth, William Complete Poetical Works of William Wordsworth