- NOAH (New York Online Access to Health)
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- Dictionary of Common Medical Terms
- Merck Manual – Second Home Edition
- Medline Plus – Drug Information
- Medline Plus Medical Encyclopedia
- Medical Dictionary from MedicineNet
- Drugs.com – includes Drug Interaction Checker
- RxList – The Internet drug list – information on the 200 most frequently prescribed drugs in the U.S.
- Central Office of the State College and University Systems of West Virginia
- CollegeNet – with admissions information about 2500 schools
- College Board – with info about the SAT and links to College Homepages
- ACT test
- FinAid: The Financial Aid Information Page – comprehensive free resource for student financial aid information on the Web. Free scholarship search, financial aid calculators, glossary, and bibliography.
- Peterson’s College Guides
Arts and Entertainment
Maps and Travel
- BBC News: Country Profiles
- The CIA World Factbook
- Country Reports on Terrorism – reports issued by the U.S. State Department.
- Country Studies – searchable full-text authoritative handbooks about many countries, from the Library of Congress.
- Huntington Area Development Council – about Huntington including demographics.
- Fodor’s – travel guide information for major cities, allows you to create your own customized miniguide.
- GeographyIQ – a world atlas with geographic, economic, political, historical, and cultural information.
- How far is it?
- Fuel Cost Calculator
- Universal Currency Converter
- Data USA
- Statistical Abstracts of the United States
- State Rankings
- State and County Quickfacts
- FedStats – statistics from the major Federal agencies
- Economic Indicators
- National Center for Educational Statistics
- Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Statistical Resources on the Web
- USDA National Agricultural Statistics Service
- United Nations Statistical Division
- National Debt Clock