Report An Issue
How To Cite Sources
- Quick Guide to APA Style: pdf web
- Quick Guide to MLA 7th Style: pdf
- Quick Guide to MLA 8th Style: pdf
- Quick Guide to Turabian: pdf
- Knight Cite (enter citations and receive correct MLA, APA, or Chicago style format): web
- Zotoro: free Firefox extension helps you collect, manage, and cite your research sources: web
- EasyBib free automatic bibliography and citation maker: web
- The MLA Style Center: web
- The Chicago Manual of Style: web
About Citing Sources
- How To Recognize And Avoid Plagiarism: YouTube
- Purdue Online Writing Lab (OWL)
Before You Cite
Please pay special attention to citation tools, citation generators, or any other kind of citation aid. Sometimes, they do not generate the information in the correct format, or may generate using an outdated version.
Some examples include (but are definitely not limited to):
- Microsoft Word’s Citations & Bibliography tool may generate a citation based on an outdated version of MLA
- The library search’s Summon Citation tool might generate a citation out of order
- The Academic Search Premier database Cite This button may put some text in all caps
When in doubt, just Ask A Librarian for help.
How Do I?
- Renew My Items (My Library Account)
- How to place materials on reserve.
- Suggest An Item To Purchase
- Get Writing Help
- RefWorks – reference (bibliography and citation) management service
- Summary Of Our Services
- Library FAQ
- Need Live Help? Ask A Librarian