What does this change mean to MURC?
- INCREASED nonexempt (overtime eligible) employees.
- MANAGERS will have to manage overtime more closely. Overtime will need to be approved and budgeted in advance.
- EMPLOYEES converted from exempt to non-exempt will have to be paid for all hours worked over 40 in the work week. This may also include compensatory time.
- Checking email and doing work outside of the normal work schedule will change the way these converted employees accomplish the “day to day” work after December 1, 2016.
- Converted employees are now eligible for overtime.
- They must track hours worked on the new MURC Non-Exempt Employee Timesheet.
- Clock in and out, track all hours worked, observe start/stop times, and observe meal and break periods.