What is a Diverse Supplier?
At least 51% owned, operated and controlled by a U.S. Citizen and one of the following categories:
- Individual with a Disability
- Small Business
Are you a Diverse Supplier interested in doing business with Marshall?
If your business meets the diverse supplier criteria and you have an interest in doing business with Marshall University, we invite you register in the Supplier Portal. This portal is for registering as a minority-owned, woman-owned, veteran-owned, disabled-owned, LGBTQ+-owned, small or disadvantaged business for potential bid opportunities at Marshall University.
Certification is a validation process by a third-party certifying organization or agency that ensures a business is owned, controlled and operated by the diverse applicant (minority-owned, woman-owned, veteran-owned, disabled-owned, LGBT-owned enterprises, small and disadvantaged businesses). This due diligence ensures only those businesses that meet the strict eligibility requirements of the program are certified.
Please contact one of the following organizations or agencies to obtain third-party certification.
- WV Division of Purchasing’s SWAM Certification Program – http://www.state.wv.us/admin/purchase/VendorReg.html.
- National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC) – http://www.nmsdc.org/
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) – http://www.wbenc.org/
- Disability: IN – https://disabilityin.org/what-we-do/supplier-diversity/
- National LGBT Chamber of Commerce – https://www.nglcc.org/get-certified
- National Veteran Business Development Council (NVBDC) –http://www.nvbdc.org/about.html
- Vets First Verification Program – https://www.va.gov/osdbu/verification/
- Small Business (SB) – https://www.sba.gov