- STEAMPOSIUM Conference – This conference is for early childhood educators (PreK-1) specific to STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, the Arts, and Mathematics) integration and Reggio-Inspired practices. It is held at Explorer Academy in Huntington, WV and previously attended by several counties including Logan, Monongalia, Cabell, Lincoln, and Harrison. Educators were welcomed with new traditions and techniques to begin utilizing in their classrooms. Each day the educators participated in a Morning Gathering, engaged in hands-on workshops, and ended with reflecting on best practices and philosophy. The learning focused on the environment, purposeful play, provocations, project work, loose parts, early numeracy, and early literacy. The educators were introduced to the importance of natural materials and real-world experiences. The workshops allowed the educators to break into groups and explore potential experiences, while the keynote presentation shared background knowledge about Reggio inspired approaches and set the precedence for the learning taking place.
- Shewey Science Academy Teacher Training – Coming Soon
- Campaign for Grade-Level Reading County Team Conference – The CGLR County Team Conference is a meaningful part of the work that is being done with the Campaign for Grade-Level Reading, as it allows county team leaders the chance to network, collaborate, and gain insight and knowledge regarding the campaign components.
- Professional Learning in Fayette County – Fayette County Professional Learning for administrators and teachers consists of four strands: Culture, Academic Leadership, Mathematics Curriculum, and STEM components.
- LEADERS OF LITERACY: WV Higher Education Collaboration – Universities throughout West Virginia are collaborating to ensure that children in our state have the best advantage to become literate and productive citizens. The representatives from our group are working diligently to provide pre-service and in-service teachers with the best professional learning possible while focusing on the four critical components of the campaign: attendance, extended learning, school readiness and high-quality instruction.
- Pre-Service Educator Training – Our team supports the College of Education at Marshall University in providing training on various topics to pre-service educators.
Report a Problem with this Page
This form should only be used to report an issue with the layout or content of this particular webpage.