- We offer a Master of Arts in Literacy Education, an Educational Specialist Degree in Curriculum and Instruction, and a Graduate Certificate in Literacy Education to meet the unique needs of literacy professionals.
- Programs lead to careers as Classroom Teachers, Literacy Specialists/Coaches, and Title One Literacy Teachers
- Master’s Degree is a pathway to a Reading Specialist Endorsement from WVDE
- Applicants from other states should check with their state agency about their accreditation requirements.
- Programs are CAEP accredited
- Online and face-to-face delivery options
- School-based field and practicum experiences
- Typically take 2 years to complete the Master’s Degree if enrolled as a full-time student
- Affordable online classes
- Financing options available
To view the Literacy Education course descriptions click here.Apply Now
Dr. Barbara O’Byrne
Work Phone: 304-746-1986
Office Location: 100 Angus E. Peyton Drive South Charleston, WV 25303
- What is the difference in the Literacy Education Masters course work and the certificate course work?
- Do students have opportunities to work on research projects or gain hands-on experience with faculty or other experts?
- How does course work transfer and how long do I have to complete the program?
- Do the Literacy Programs lead to teacher licensure?