Health Care Area Of Emphasis
The Division of Management and Marketing offers a Bachelor of Business Administration degree in Management with an area of emphasis in Health Care. Graduates of the program add value to many types of organizations. They are prepared to meet the challenges of a technological business environment because they have mastered many professional skills.
Careers awaiting the graduate with a B.B.A. degree in Management with an emphasis in Health Care include:
- Medical Analyst
- Hospital Administrator
- Physicians Office Administrator
- Pharmaceutical Sales Manager
On the average, a yearly salary is $39,300.
Students who graduate with a B.B.A. in Management will develop the following skills:
- Leadership – being held responsible for decisions that will propel the organization into the future
- Communication – learn everything from negotiating with stakeholders to making PowerPoint presentations
- Analytical skills – use spreadsheets, databases and statistical analysis to make strategic decisions
- Interpersonal skills – managers work directly with employees through motivational techniques and helping them reach their full potential
- Creative/critical thinking – managers solve complex problems with innovative solutions
|Core Business Courses:
For more information, please contact:
Dr. Rex McClure
Division of Management and Marketing
College of Business
One John Marshall Drive
Huntington, WV 25755
Corbly Hall 421
The following course requirements are taken from the 2013-2014 catalog year. Courses may vary between catalog years. If you select Management-Health Care as your major, you would follow the requirements for your catalog year. In addition to the Core Business courses and Major courses, students must complete the required general education courses.