The Nation’s Premiere Center for the Visual Arts
Housing eight programs from the School of Art & Design, the six-floor Visual Arts Center stands to bridge Huntington’s historic downtown and the future of Marshall University.
Marshall University’s Visual Arts Center in downtown Huntington paints a picture of old meets new: The site of the VAC, once the historic Anderson-Newcomb Co. building, was built in 1902 — the same year Marshall began its visual arts program.
The $13 million transformation to remarkable, world-class visual arts facility incorporates of the building’s original hardwood floors with 65,000 pounds of new steel, smart lighting, highly-efficient heating and cooling and Wi-Fi throughout.
Lined with spectacular glass, the street-view of the 66,000-square-foot building is directly adjacent to Huntington’s Pullman Square. The ground floor features retail space and a 2,200-square-foot gallery with upwards of 150 feet of linear display space.