Join the Marching Thunder 2020!

It’s easy as 1…2…3

Step 1: Register for Band Camp!
CLICK HERE to register for the 2020 Band Camp. You will need your 901# and fill out the rest of the form. This get’s you set up in our system to start receiving information about the upcoming year.

Step 2: Register for the Marching Thunder Course
Tell your advisor to place MUS 266 on your schedule. (Freshmen this happens at Orientation)

Step 3: Watch out for email updates throughout the summer
We’ll send you all the information you need to get ready for band camp.


Frequently Asked Questions

When is band camp?

Band camp will start the afternoon of August 13th and run through August 19th. Students living in on-campus housing will be able to move-in to their dorms on the 13th. 

How much does it cost to be in the Marching Thunder?

We cover the cost of all your travel and meals with the Marching Thunder including trips to bowl games and championship games. We only ask for a small $75 band camp fee at the beginning of the season to help cover the cost of your member shirt, dinner during band camp, and water at football games.

Do I have to audition or be a music major?

You do not have to be a music major to participate in the Marching Thunder. In fact, 75% of our members are non-music majors. There is no audition to participate for woodwind or brass players. If you are interested in being in the color guard, drumline, or majorette line, please contact us for more information. 

When are does the Marching Thunder rehearse?

The Marching Thunder rehearses Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 3:30-5:30 as well as the day of each home game.

Will I have time for my school work or a job?

Many of our members are on the dean’s list each semester or find time to have a job outside of school. You will find the time commitment for college marching band is typically less than high school marching band and students are able to work, do homework, and socialize outside of marching band responsibilities.

Can you provide me with an instrument?

The Marching Thunder only provides mellophones, baritones, sousaphones, and percussion instruments. Students are expected to provide their own flute/piccolo, clarinet, alto saxophone, tenor saxophone, trumpet, or trombone. 

I don’t play an instrument, is there something I can do to still be involved?

We have a place for everyone and have Band Manager positions available to help with logistics and setting up for rehearsals and games. Contact us if you are interested in one of these positions.