Per Faculty Senate Recommendation SR-08-09-36R, all instructors (full-time, adjunct/part-time, TA) scheduled to teach a course that carries the "CT" (critical thinking) designation must complete a CT Professional Development Workshop in advance of teaching the course. (Note: Faculty members who have completed the FYS Faculty Development Institute are approved to teach CT courses; no further training is necessary.) The CTL offers one synchronous, face-to-face workshop and one asynchronous, online workshop per semester. In these workshops, participants modify, or create, a course to meet the CT criteria. The upcoming opportunities are detailed below.
Online Workshop – Registration
The asynchronous, online workshop consists of seven individual seminars, one per day, and follow-up assignments.
- The next online workshop opens on August 17, 2020 and concludes on August 23, 2020.
- Following the conclusion of the workshop, participants will have two weeks to submit the required documents to the workshop facilitator.
Face-to-Face Workshop (Live Remote) – Registration
The synchronous, face-to-face workshop consists of two 1/2 day meetings and follow-up assignments.
- Meeting 1: Fall 2020 – October 16, 2020 | 1:00-5:00 pm | Live remote
- Meeting 2: TBD – The second meeting will be scheduled, based on faculty availability, during November/December.
- Following the conclusion of the workshop, participants will have two weeks to submit the required documents to the workshop facilitator. Those documents are then submitted to the respective department chairs for approval.
Who should participate?
- Faculty who have not completed the CT training and will be teaching a CT course in the fall of 2020 need to register for the asynchronous, online workshop.
- Faculty who have not completed the CT training and will be teaching a CT course in the spring or summer of 2021 may register for the synchronous, face-to-face workshop.
Space in workshops is limited so register early!
Questions? Contact Karen McComas (email@example.com).