Per Faculty Senate Recommendation SR-08-09-36R, all instructors (full-time, adjunct/part-time, TA) scheduled to teach a course that carries the “CT” (critical thinking) designation must complete a CT Professional Development Workshop in advance of teaching the course. (Note: Faculty members who have completed the FYS Faculty Development Institute are approved to teach CT courses; no further training is necessary.) The CTL Faculty Development Office offers one face-to-face workshop and one online workshop per semester. In these workshops, participants modify, or create, a course to meet the CT criteria. The upcoming opportunities are detailed below.
Face-to-Face Workshop ( REGISTER )
The face-to-face workshop consists of two 1/2 day meetings and follow-up assignments.
- Meeting 1: September 15, 2018 (8:30 am – 12:30 pm | Old Main 109)
- Meeting 2: TBD – The second meeting will be completed in small sub-groups, based on faculty availability, during October and November.
- Following the conclusion of the workshop, participants will have two weeks to submit the required documents to the workshop facilitator. Those documents are then submitted to the respective department chairs for approval.
Online Workshop ( REGISTER )
The online workshop consists of seven individual seminars, one per day, and follow-up assignments.
- The next online workshop opens on August 13 and concludes on August 19, 2018.
- Following the conclusion of the workshop, participants will have two weeks to submit the required documents to the workshop facilitator.
Who should participate?
- Faculty who will be teaching a CT course in the summer or fall of 2018 may register for either workshop.
Space in workshops is limited so register early!
Questions? Contact Karen McComas (email@example.com)